NEW! Tango Performance Group
All photos are from the choreography members of the school.
Tango show producer Sergio Segura is preparing a special program for those who want to learn exciting tango moves and perform stunning choreographies. Students will receive professional level training and will learn complete routines worthy of performance. When the group is ready, the goal is to have students show off what they have learned by performing at Sergio's events and productions.
**** The course will work towards the goal of allowing excelling students to show off what they have learned by performing at Sergio's events and productions
*Those interested must reply before November 25th.*
- Training or experience in any kind of dance (not necessarily tango). Tango is highly recommended as a way to expand your dance horizons from improving balance to perfecting partnering technique.
- Body conditioning, balance, coordination, memory and attentiveness. You should be in good health condition (a liability release form has to be signed in order to be part of the course.) The class will be taught at a fast pace and at times will require vigorous physical exercise.
-Dance shoes (leather/suede sole) required. High heels are NOT recommended for followers.
-A partner will be required for this workshop. If you do not have a partner, you will be placed on a waiting list. We will do our best to match partners.
-Same-gender partners are welcome
- The program will begin in December; there will be a week-long break for the holidays.
- We will start with a weekend workshop in Stage Tango Fundamentals.
- It is highly recommended, but not required, to participate in the Tango for Fast Learners and Pre-intermediate boot camps to gain knowledge of the fundamentals, elements, and basic structures of the social dance and Stage Tango. For more information, click http://www.learnargentinetango.com/schedule/tango-for-fast-learners/
- After the Stage Fundamentals workshop, we will begin a 2 month program. The program will consist of 8 weekly 1.5 hour classes. Each class will start with body conditioning for performance and practice of Tango styling elements. We will then move on to choreographic elements including jumps and lifts and build a choreography. Two months commitment is mandatory.
- We will repeat the program every two months, creating new moves and choreographies.
1- Fundamentals of Stage Tango workshop (6 hours): $190 in advance, $210 at the door. Couples $310
2- Stage Tango course (12 hours): Couples $750. Singles $400
3- Tango for Fast Learners: (6 hours, optional) $165 in advance At the door $170.
4- Pre-intermediate Bootcamp: (optional) $90 in Advance, $105 at the door
1 + 2 courses: $300 per person, in advance only
1 + 2 + 3 courses: $350 per person in advance only
1 + 2 + 3 + 4: $700 per person, in advance only
We need at least 4 couples to start this course.
**** If enough interest is generated, a placement class will be given, and the students will be split into two classes.
Private classes and coaching will be available a discounted rate for students who buy any price package.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, SEND US A CONFIRMATION BEFORE NOVEMBER 15TH stating what kind of package you will buy.
**** perhaps " what kind of package you would be interested in buying" is better- we can't ask for a commitment without giving definate dates/ times
By Sergio Segura, Tango show producer, choreographer, performer and teacher and his assistants. Sergio has produced multiple shows in New York featuring his best students as part of the cast. www.sergioseguraproductions.com
Info and questions to: