posted at 9:14 am Thu Mar 25th, 2010 by (WherezIt_Staff)
Green Mountain Coffee(r) and Ashoka's Changemakers today announced the panel of judges for their Revelation to Actionsm - Your Place. Your Idea. Your Change.- competition.
Located at www.Changemakers.com/Revelation, Revelation to Action is an online competition to find and help fund the most innovative ideas to strengthen and improve communities across New England and New York.
"Whether you're inspiring involvement in your town, or mobilizing millions across the globe, your voice, your ideas, and your commitment can transform the way we live"
The Revelation to Action judges represent some of the most innovative social entrepreneurs in the U.S., with expertise spanning the corporate, non-profit, environmental and academic sectors. The judges are:
* Alan Harlam - Director of Social Entrepreneurship at the Swearer Center for Public Service at Brown University
* Michael Havard - Vice President, Marketing - Corporate Officer, Newman's Own, Inc.
* Beth Ginsberg Holzman - CSR Strategy and Reporting Manager, Timberland
* Bill McKibben - Environmentalist and writer who frequently writes about global warming and alternative energy and advocates for more localized economies. He is also the founder of 350.org
* Michael Dupee - Vice President, Corporate Social Responsibility for Green Mountain Coffee Roasters, Inc.
"Whether you're inspiring involvement in your town, or mobilizing millions across the globe, your voice, your ideas, and your commitment can transform the way we live," said environmentalist and writer, Bill McKibben. "Our world is ripe with innovations and fresh perspectives, and with a simple idea and an ounce of courage, our neighborhoods, schools, and environments can have a better future. We're all connected and we all have what it takes to strengthen our communities."
The judges will select a slate of ideas from submissions entered through the Changemakers online community. On June 9, finalists will be announced, and between June 9 and June 30, the public will have the opportunity to vote for their favorite entries. Winners will be announced during the week of July 12, and will be awarded prizes totaling $50,000. For complete rules and regulations of this competition, visit www.Changemakers.com/Revelation and click on "Eligibility, Criteria and Prizes."
The competition is now open for nominations at www.Changemakers.com/Revelation. Competition entries may be submitted through April 21, 2010. Community members are invited to nominate individuals and organizations with community solutions, discuss and share ideas and success stories, and comment on proposals.
Waterbury, VT 05676 (Set as Local)