posted at 2:43 pm Fri Jul 10th, 2015 by (WherezIt_Staff)
Here is an updated paving schedule for the Roundabout in Waterbury. Please note the heavier traffic during the 3 - 6 p.m. time period on both Thursday and Friday. Also note that due to the Waterbury Arts Fest, Stowe Street will be closed from the railroad overpass to the intersection of Main Street.
Project Location: Intersection of Routes 100/2 in Waterbury.
Final paving will continue this week as follows -
--Thursday, July 9th, 2015 - Day and Night Paving
- 12:00 pm to 3:00 pm - Pave inner section of the Roundabout
- 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm - Pave Union Street
- 7:00 pm to 5:00 am - Pave VT 100 and US 2 (night paving)
--Friday, July 10th, 2015 - Night Paving
- 7:00 pm to 5:00 am - Finish paving VT 100 and US 2 (night paving)
Paving operations will require lane closures with flaggers assisting to maintain traffic flow. Paving is also contingent upon favorable weather conditions.
Tractor Trailer Traffic Detour -During paving of the Roundabout, there will be a signed detour in effect for tractor trailer trucks as follows:
- Trucks wanting to access downtown Waterbury will use I-89 Exit 9-Middlesex to US 2 west to Waterbury.
- Trucks wanting to access US 2 west of the Roundabout will use I-89 Exit 11-Richmond and take US 2 east to Waterbury.
The Roundabout will be open to cars and small truck traffic during paving.
Traffic: Delays can be expected during paving.
Please focus on safety when driving through the construction work zone and remember, it is illegal in Vermont to use any handheld portable electronic devices while driving. The law carries fines of up to $200 with points assessed if the violation occurs in a work zone.
Contact Theresa Wood, 802-585-5202 or Francine Perkins, 802-479-6994 with questions.
Waterbury, VT 05676 (Set as Local)